Every 2.5 minutes, another American becomes a victim of sexual assault. The road to healing can be frightening. In Florida an Index Crime is committed every 41 seconds. Please help us ensure that no one goes through it alone.
Your contribution will:
- Ensure that Collier County’s Rape & Crisis Center and Crisis & Referral Hotline can continue to provide free, confidential services to all victims of sexual assault, crime and loss.
- Allow us to expand our successful advocacy work to ensure that perpetrators of sexual violence and crime are brought to justice.
- Sponsor critical public education campaigns that teach teens and young adults about the realities of sexual assault and what they can do to protect themselves and the people close to them.
Here are ways you can help through fundraising:
- Host a fundraising event. Events are fun and a great way to educate people about sexual assault, crime victimization, and loss as well as raise money for Programs. Ideas range from having a car wash, hosting a fundraising dinner, hosting a party or a chili cook-off. Invite a speaker from the office to help with educating your audience.
- Organize a sale or auction. You can have a bake sale, garage sale, car wash, etc.
- Get creative! Plan a trivia game night at a local restaurant. Petition the company you work for and ask if employees can make a donation to Project HELP every week to wear jeans to work. This year, let that Final Fantasy Football game or college basketball playoff game raise money for Project HELP. You could even have a game around the Academy Awards or other awards show that might interest you. People pitch in money to play, which is donated to Project HELP, and the winner gets a prize.
- Make a donation and ask friends, family, co-workers to match your donation. Donations are 100% tax deductible.