FULL TIME BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT & VICTIM ADVOCATE POSITION
Project HELP, Collier County’s Certified Rape Recovery and Victim Service Center is looking for an outgoing, positive and self-motivated bilingual Administrative Assistant/victim advocate. The applicant will manage the front office, answering phones and greeting clients as well as work with survivors of violent crime to help them navigate the court system, provide confidential advocacy, counseling to survivors and their families. Travel may be required to our satellite offices in Golden Gate, Immokalee and Naples as needed. Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule when necessary. Must be able to multitask, be punctual and have a self-started attitude. This candidate must also be willing to complete a 40-hour Victim Service Practitioner Course that may be offered out of town. Training to respond to and work with sexual assault survivors is provided upon hire.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The applicant must have a general knowledge of the Criminal Justice System, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Accurate typing skills mandatory, 35 wpm.
- Self-starter, organized, computer skills (word, excel, power point, publisher) a must
- Passion to help those who are affected by violent crime.
- Strong ability to work independently, multitask, possess strong writing and communication skills in both English and Spanish or Creole as well as strong organizational, time management, and computer skills.
- Ability to plan, utilize problem solving techniques and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and community agencies.
- Have reliable transportation
- Have clean driving record and insurance
- Pass a level 2 background check through the Department of Homeland Security
JOB DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work week is Full-time (40 hours) and Advocates must be flexible, as some work on weekends and evenings may be necessary
- Answer all phone calls, general clerical and office duties.
- Greet clients, maintain front office and lobby areas
- Provide counseling, crisis intervention and other victim services to all designated victims of crime seeking services from Project HELP, including survivors of Sexual Assault per grant requirements
- Provide sexual battery recovery services and trauma informed victim services to the primary and secondary survivors of sexual battery and other designed victims of crime within the Spanish speaking population
- Provide initial and follow up contact to all victims receiving services from Project HELP, including survivors of Sexual Assault
- Inform victim of their rights and explain the criminal justice system
- Provide criminal justice support and advocacy as required by the victim
- Other tasks as assigned such as assisting clients in filing for Victims Compensation, Sexual Violence Relocation, and any other victim service related task to assist victims of crime
- Accompany survivors to Forensic Exam to provide advocacy
- Maintain and provide all client statistical reports and information monthly
- Assist with bilingual Spanish interpretation & translation services
- Work within Project HELP’s Satellite offices maintaining positive relationships and performing all work duties in accordance to all agencies’ policies & procedures
- Available to take rotating MOD/On call responsibilities outside of business hours
- Responsible for providing services to identified victims of crime using the empowerment model.
- Be willing travel throughout Collier County, Naples, Immokalee & Marco Island
Must have reliable transportation, Driver’s License and pass a Homeland Security level 2 background check
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE SEND RESUME TO THE ATTENTION OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER via fax at 239-649-5520 or by email to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Highly competitive
Equal Employment Opportunity is
Private Employers, State and Local Governments, Educational Institutions, Employment